The Events and Outreach serves the institution by providing guidance and leadership in the areas of event planning; recognition of our students, faculty, and alumni; protocol methodologies; commencement and convocation exercises. The office is charged with carrying out the traditions inherent to Southern Illinois University.
To better meet the needs of the Southern Illinois University Carbondale campus and the surrounding community, we are realigning event planning and outreach functions of the university. Slated for completion around March 9, events and activities at SIU’s Student Center will now be handled by Student Center Event Services. All other events and activities, along with continuing education, will now be part of the new Events and Outreach office. For full information about our reorganization, please check out our news release.
Events and Outreach, 618-536-7751 or email@example.com for conference services and continuing education needs or firstname.lastname@example.org for university-wide event inquiries:
- Conference services including planning assistance and registration for conferences and the vast majority of SIU camps. The current Conference and Scheduling Services unit is being absorbed and that name will no longer be used.
- Continuing education and professional development, including non-credit classes.
- University-wide events, including commencement, Honors Day, the 2024 eclipse festivities and similar events.
In the future, there will be one new website for Events and Outreach. For now, people can visit conferenceservices.siu.edu and universityevents.siu.edu. Sarah VanVooren, Jackie Welch, Rebecca Dycus and Brandon McElmurry will continue to address any needs pertaining to outreach, camps, conferences and university-wide events from their office in Room 0015 in Anthony Hall.
Student Center Event Services – 618-536-6633, email email@example.com:
- Facilitate Student Center room and meeting requests.
- Manage events that take place in the Student Center.
- Assistance with Student Center dining/catering needs.
- Coordinate Student Center audio-visual assistance requests.
- Supply general information about Student Center events, availability or solicitation.
Learn more on the Student Center website. Staff members Faith King and Jasmin Valadez, who will be housed in the Student Center Administration Office, across from the ID office, will continue to serve people with Student Center event needs.